[Linux-aus] Why Didn't You Vote?

Sarah Stokely sarah.stokely at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:06:23 EST 2009

Most volunteer committees have low voter turnout and usually little if any
competition for the jobs on offer, so I don't think it's a particular
reflection on LA.
I personally wasn't able to vote because I mistakenly thought that I'd
joined LA when I subbed to the various mailing lists. My mistake, although
from reading the list over the past couple of days, I'm not the only person
who made that error.

Sarah

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM, James Purser <james at jamespurser.com.au>wrote:

> This article does raise a valid point even though it seems to contain a
> kernel of snark:
>
> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22871/1141/
>
> Why do we get low voter turnouts when we obviously have a much larger
> membership? If you didn't vote, I would like to hear why, no blame
> attached, just would be interesting to see the reasons.
> --
> James Purser
> http://collaborynth.com.au
> Mob: 0406 576 553