[Linux-aus] Running for Linux Australia Council

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Sun Dec 27 12:03:53 EST 2009

I'm Peter Lieverdink and I am standing for the position of Secretary. I support the platform outlined earlier by James Turnbull.

Of the platform, my particular interest are transparency, communication, governance and reporting. I would also like to see Linux Australia expand regionally and become (part of) a relevant voice that will be heard by decision makers.

I live in Melbourne and am one half of a micro-business that focuses on Drupal development and event management. I worked with James Turnbull on a book titled Pro Linux System Administration.

I've been on the Linux Users of Victoria committee for the past three years, one of which as secretary. I acted as secretary for linux.conf.au 2008 and on occasion shared the the treasury role as well. I'm also currently on the linux australia web team.

Cheers,
- Peter.