[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Council Election 2010

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Dec 7 09:45:43 EST 2009

Michael Still wrote:
> It would be helpful if you could perhaps provide some guidance on how
> much time is involved in these positions -- I understand that the
> president does more than say an ordinary member, but what is the base
> meeting load?
Hi Mikal

The council normally meets once per week, although in quieter times
(May-July) it can sometimes be fortnightly meetings. The meetings can
run anywhere from 15 minutes to 90 minutes, depending on how much
business or action items needs to be discussed/voted, the duration
between meetings, etc. Current average is about 30 minutes/wk.

Outside of that, the time requirement varies. An OCM should budget
15-45min per week outside of meetings to prepare or chase down
information (the Grant Tzar position is normally held by an OCM), the
Secretary and Treasurer should allow 60-90min a week (normally less if
things are running smoothly and meetings are frequent), with the VP and
President budgeting anywhere up to 1.5 - 2 hours a week if everything is
going smoothly.

Your milage may vary, but this is a rough guide.

--==--
Steve Walsh
RHCE
Vice President / SysAdmin Team member- Linux Australia