[Linux-aus] Non-Malicious Linux Malware?

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Wed Dec 2 11:41:21 EST 2009

Apart from the oxymoron, I am surprised no one has done this before
(that we know of)... Not hard when you consider more non-technical users
are now switching to linux, making this type of thing more attractive to
the criminal and malicious elements...

As to if he should release it, no I don't think he should... Too many
dumb script kiddies out there would just use it for evil.

As to advertising it exists and what it can do.. Absolutely. The more
people know it can be done, and the more education about using SElinux
and the vigilance needed when surfing, the better the environment for all.

Randall.