[Linux-aus] Drupal story on Computerworld

Anestis Kozakis kenosti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:37:16 EST 2009

2009/8/25 Dahna McConnachie <dahna.mcconnachie at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> Thought you might be interested in this article I wrote on Drupal for
> Computerworld:
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/316068/drupal_gains_ground_down_under
> Cheers,
> Dahna

The only main issue I have with this article is the following paragraph:
----------
“I eliminated Joomla at the time because it did not have the same
clean structure as Drupal. There were a few key features that Drupal
also did a lot better out of the box. The best one being the URL alias
[which enables you to] have a clean URL eternally pointed to a page,”
he said.
----------

I have Joomla! running on my own personal website and it took me less
than 5 minutes to setup Clean (or short) URL's that will always take
you to that same page.

As for Drupal's clean management structure, personally, I found the
administration interface cluttered and disorganized.  To get a
particular setting in effect you sometimes had to go into three
different sections in the administration panel.

I've found Joomla!'s administration panel easier to work with as it
feels more organized.

Apart from that, I'm not a coder or developer so Drupal may have the
advantage there.

Just my thoughts.

Anestis.
--