[Linux-aus] Make The Move update

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Aug 23 15:49:04 EST 2009

2009/8/21 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> It's time to update http://makethemove.net (especially with Windows 7
> coming). I can do the content, but I suck at web design.
>
> Any takers?

I'm not a Web designer, but if you want you can nab content from
http://www.linux.org.au/linux

It's CC-BY-SA licensed, which I hope is compatible with your stuff. If
not, we can work something out.

I haven't had much time to update it for the past couple of years. I
personally think it's far too wordy and academic. People don't really
get the whole 'freedom' thing until they've used it for a while, so if
I were to start over I'd focus more on the immediate benefits (value,
stability, rapid development, etc.) and then explain that the reason
why it's so good is that it is FOSS. That, I think, would provide a
less steep gradient for people to start.

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux