[Linux-aus] Public liability for SFD

harrywwc harry at woodward-clarke.com
Mon Sep 1 08:58:31 EST 2008

Hi all y'all,

from the Minutes message sent to the list last week...

[extract]
The minutes of the Linux Australia Council Meeting held on 28th August,
2008 are published at:

	http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/MeetingNotes20080828

[snip]

  2. {*} Software Freedom Day Public Liability Insurance
   Linux Australia has sponsored Public Liability Insurance for Software
Freedom Day. Software Freedom Day is almost upon us again. We must
decide whether to sponsor it again for 2008.

    Motion: '''That Linux Australia sponsor Public Liability Insurance
for Software Freedom Day.'''

     '''CARRIED'''

    Discussion about raising Public Liability Insurance to $20M. Terry
Dawson will bring revised quote to council for approval.

[/extract]

so, yes, PL Insurance is covered for SFD.

hth,

.h

Steve Lindsay wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Steve Lindsay
> <stephen.a.lindsay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My understanding is that Linux Australia can cover the public
>> liability for LUGs running Software Freedom Day events. Is this
>> correct?
>>

> Good question Steve.
>
> I've sent emails to council@ and ctte@ about this and not had any
> response. Can anyone on the main list confirm?
>
> Cheers.....Steve

harry [at] woodward-clarke [dot] com
imago Dei in quolibet homine' inveniartur