[Linux-aus] Council of Australian Linux User Groups

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Mar 16 13:39:36 EST 2008

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 at 22:08, Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:
> Donna Benjamin wrote:
> | First Task is to convene the COALUG IRC meeting, and invite relevant
> | people to subscribe to lugcomms at lists.linux.org.au
>
> Done.
>
> | How does a Wednesday in a month or 2 sound?
> | 8pm-9pm Eastern Time and not a minute longer.
>
> For me, Wednesdays are almost uniformly bad.  Thursdays are intermittently
> bad.  Most other nights of the week are good.

It's going to be practically impossible for us to find a date and time that
satisfies all 30+ LUG representatives. A compromise is in order, and some of
us will unfortunately end up losing out.

Ubuntu-Au has a system[0] to determine the best times for IRC meetings. For
each day, you vote 'good', 'neutral' or 'bad', and these end up being
translated to 1, 0 and -1 respectively. The results for each day are tallied,
and the day with the highest number wins.

[0] http://ubuntu.org.au/meeting-prefs/

--
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they
do not want to hear." - George Orwell