[Linux-aus] Grant Application: Partial Akademy speaker travel

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 12 00:45:38 EST 2008

Date: 12 July 2008

Project Name: 20% Akademy speaker travel

Aim of Project:
To give a 30 minute talk at Akademy 2008 and discuss desktop search and
indexing with KDE4 developers for idea sharing and mutual benefit.
(discussing my project, libferris with the Strigi developers etc).

Person Responsible for Request:
Ben Martin

Request:
Firstly, I have a pending request with the Linux Foundation for travel
funding to cover the lot. If that happens then I'll void this
application immediately. I am applying here before they have given a
formal response to my request because the event itself is early next
month so time is a large factor. The event starts on the 9th next month.

I have been accepted to talk at Akademy. If Linux Foundation does not
offer funding the KDE e.V. board has offered to cover 80% of my travel
and accommodation. The grant request is to see if Linux Australia are
willing to cover the other 20%. The last time I checked the return
airfare was about $3000 and if I get forced out of the hostels because
they are all booked then I might be up for 60 Euro / day for
accommodation. So the 20% would be roughly $600 for flight and $160 for
accom making a:

TOTAL: $760.