[Linux-aus] OpenID - Linux Australia member service?

Ambrose Andrews ambrose-bulk at vrvl.net
Mon Feb 18 02:51:06 UTC 2008

Firstly, I hereby claim to have had this allegedly excellent idea first :-)

http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/2006-September/msg00305.html

Secondly, on PaulWay's point of none of them having a cool name -
that's not of primary importance, because the standard allows for the
following 'openid.delegate' link relationship in the content at my
static home page (http://www.vrvl.net/~ambrose):

"""
<link href="http://www.myopenid.com/server" rel="openid.server" />
<link href="http://znalo.myopenid.com/" rel="openid.delegate" />
"""

making my openID url 'http://www.vrvl.net/~ambrose' instead of
'http://znalo.myopenid.com/'.

That said, from a point of view of trust i'd be more inclined to use
infrastructure provided by LA than whoever 'www.openID.com' is , and
perhaps other likeminded organisations likely to become 'consumers'
would be too.

and Thirdly I agree with what jdub said : 'consumers' are still
relatively hard to come by. (but more blog-type things are coming on
board).

  -AA.

--
Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
mailto:ambrose at vrvl.net
home:+61_262305976
work:+61_261256749
mobile:+61_415544621
irc:{undernet|freenode|oftc}:znalo
xmpp:ambrose at jabber.fsfe.org
sip:znalo at ekiga.net
CE38 8B79 C0A7 DF4A 4F54  E352 2647 19A1 DB3B F823
556A 6D19 0904 827C 9DB8  3697 32D0 1E11 403F 2BE1