[Linux-aus] CD pressing/printing

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Feb 10 08:31:14 UTC 2008

I think this may have been proposed before, but I'll say it just in case it
hasn't.

I would like to propose that LA covers expenses for CD pressing, with
labelling and sleeves. This will allow us to distribute professional-looking
CDs at shows like CeBIT and Software Freedom Day, so that our software can be
taken more seriously and not viewed as the work of amateurs. It will also
head off questions like, "does this have a virus?" and "is this legal?".

Examples of CDs that we can distribute in this manner include The OpenDisc and
Project Gutenberg.

If we can do this at a national level, in collaboration with a CD reproduction
company, we could have an efficient service for all community groups.

--
"Transparent. It's easy to look at a UNIX system and know what is running and
why. Although its configuration files may have arcane (and sometimes