[Linux-aus] An Open Letter to the Open Source Community

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu May 31 02:23:49 UTC 2007

<quote who="Glen Turner">

> Ah, where to start.  Perhaps with the display of demeaning images in a
> presentation at an event sponsored by Linux Australia.

In an effort to stop this chestnut being repeated more than it already has
(gar), the event mentioned here was *NOT* sponsored by Linux Australia. It
is an inappropriate association to make and/or repeat, because it does not
reflect our community expectations or standards.

It might be accurate to say "an Open Source related event", but it seems a
bit unfair to mention it without noting that the behaviour was censured at
the time.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

   "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something, if you want to keep
              fighting evil today." - The Bowler, Mystery Men