[Linux-aus] LA member services / multi-tiered membership

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon May 21 07:43:08 UTC 2007

<quote who="James Purser">

> > OSIA doesn't have an annual conference that it can make a profit from...
>
> Hmm, what benefit would there be for running an OSIA conference on or
> around the time of LCA? Sort of getting the business and propeller heads
> in one place sort of thing.

OSDC have expressed an interest, via their CFP, in doing that this year (as
a datapoint, considering previous discussions re: market segmentation).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

   "People keep asking me why we aren't married, and he says, 'Every time
   I am about to ask you, you do something annoying'." - Kate Beckinsale