[Linux-aus] Reaction to the Microsoft Patent Gambit...

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Fri May 18 04:56:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I feel compelled to point out that the reaction and comments on ZDNET
to the MS patent play have been an outstanding example of community
promotion.

I have been an avid/passionate "watcher" of online media in relation
to FOSS over the past 7 years and have never seen such a
__consistent__ response as the feedback submissions here:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Report-Microsoft-says-open-source-violates-235-patents/0,130061733,339277228,00.htm#talkback

(If the URL fails to post properly let me know?...)

...ALL of the responses seem primarily focussed on a single message:

" MS... please put up or shut up..! "

If they doooo "put up" too early, their plan may fail!
we need more of the same!!

...We need T-shirts ... ;-)

BW