[Linux-aus] DOWNTIME: lists.linux.org.au and linux.org.au email

Andrew Pollock andrew-la at andrew.net.au
Fri Mar 30 03:37:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

What: migration of lists.linux.org.au and linux.org.au email to new server
When: Saturday, March 31 9:00:00 PDT - Sunday, April 1 17:00:00 PDT
      (Sunday, April 1 02:00:00 EST - Monday, April 2 12:00:00 EST)
Contact: admin at linux.org.au
         Caesar on #linux-aus on freenode
Details:
	I'll be performing a move of all of the Mailman lists for
	lists.linux.org.au from the hastily slapped together copy of digital
	running inside of a Xen instance hosted by IVT (thanks, Jon!) to a
	brand-new installation in a Xen instance called morton.linux.org.au
	on the hardware donated to Linux Australia by HP sometime after
	linux.conf.au 2005 (I think it was).

	I'll also be moving linux.org.au mail and local mailboxes from
	digital morton.

	All shell users of digital have already had their home directories
	migrated from digital to morton and been individually notified.

	I don't expect the outage to be anywhere near as long as specified,
	but I'm reserving that window of time for any problems, rollbacks,
	troubleshooting, etc.

	I'll monitor #linux-aus after I've moved the MXes and enabled mail
	delivery on morton, for any issues that arise.

regards

Andrew
for the Linux Australia sysadmin team