[Linux-aus] Fwd: Use of Penguin Image on Instant Scratchie Tickets.

Del del at babel.com.au
Mon Jun 18 10:58:34 UTC 2007

Well, the answer is relatively simple.  Someone needs to inform the
SA lotteries that the image is clearly derivative of / taken from the
Larry Ewing "Tux" penguin used as a Linux logo, and not an original
artwork item of Scientific Games.  It's something that perhaps the
LA committee should take up -- just a few words, cc to Larry Ewing.
Larry can assert ownership of the items and SA lotteries should remove
them or put something on their web site to offer acknowledgement as
per the conditions of use.

I don't see it as a big issue, SA lotteries are probably unaware of
the Tux image derivation and copyright, and seem to be under the
misapprehension that it's someone else's artwork which they are
using under a valid license.  A quick side-by-side comparison of
the images concerned shows that this isn't the case.

Larry's email address and a page of his Tux penguins is relatively
easy to find.

--
Del
Babel Com Australia