[Linux-aus] Software Freedom Day team rego (for schwag) closes 31st July

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sat Jul 21 00:54:47 UTC 2007

Hi all,

As many of you know I'm quite involved with Software Freedom Day, the global
outreach event about Software Freedom through transparent and sustainable
technologies like FOSS. Alsoready we have 140 teams globally (from over 60
countries) and 16 of those teams are from Australia. We are automatically
mapping teams onto a world map (planet GNOME style). Last year we had 20
Aussie teams and so far the north and west of Australia is looking pretty
dark:

  http://softwarefreedomday.org/map/2007

If you want to register a SFD event, make sure you register prior to the
31st July, as that is the cut off date for the free SFD team pack, which
includes 30 stickers, 20 balloons, 3 tshirts and a combination of Ubuntu CDs
and The Open CDs (TOCD for the first time :).

A SFD event could be as casual as a BBQ, or workshop for students, or as
involved as a full scale conference. Basically anything that is positive,
involves outreach beyond the technical community, and that falls within our
objectives (http://softwarefreedomday.org/about) counts :) Some people get
entire schools involved as a student exercise which is a great way to build
enthusiasm and get the message out.

So get onto it! Register an event today, get some free goodies and help take
freedom to the entire world :)

For our understanding of "software freedom" check out this article
(translations welcome!):

  http://softwarefreedomday.org/SoftwareFreedom

Cheers,
Pia

--
Software Freedom Day                             http://softwarefreedomday.org/

    "Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third
                             eye." - Bill Hicks