[Linux-aus] Incorporating an open source geospatial organisation

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 13 08:25:35 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm after some practical advice.  There's a group of open source
Geospatial people who are setting up a combined Australian & New Zealand
chapter of OSGeo, the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
(http://www.osgeo.org).  We are looking at our options for
Incorporation, but that is a state matter. We will be operating in all
state (we hope!) along with NZ.  Given LA had to address this issue way
back when (at least for operating in all Aust states), is there any
advice or traps we need to take into consideration?  Does it make a
difference what state we incorporate in etc?  Is there any one state
that makes it easier than others for a national/International non-profit
org?

Thanks,
Tim Bowden