[Linux-aus] Re: A/V recordings and publishing

David Symons david.symons at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 11:17:15 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe at atrad.com.au> wrote:
> Another alternative is to just set up a room mic

This would also cover the cases where there are questions asked (and
even conversations between speaker and an audience member) during the
talk.  Or perhaps a directional microphone operated from a front
corner by the room convenor.  That could replace the wireless handheld
(and be more time efficient).

On 1/31/07, Mary Gardiner <mary at puzzling.org> wrote:
> As an audience member I really really like having the speaker repeat the
> question, mostly for this reason and also because since they nearly
> always paraphrase it, so you can hear what question they are *actually*
> going to answer (not always the same one that was asked!)

+1

Cheers, Dave.
--
David Symons