[Linux-aus] Nominations and their spiels for the LA election

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed Jan 10 11:25:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 11:18 +1100, Paul Wayper wrote:
> We had $368 in coffee orders, $228 of which goes to Kaldi and $140 goes
> to Linux Australia.  As a fundraiser it's small change compared to what
> Kaldi regularly does - they've told me of fundraisers which made over
> $1000 for the organisation.  In total we had around ten people order 16
> bags of coffee - eight people were from within Canberra and five from
> within CLUG.  I'm not happy with this response, and want to generate
> more interest in it next time.

Do keep in mind though that $140 may not sound like much - but that's
domain registration for a lot of lugs for a fair while, it's even close
to some grant amounts.

Every bit helps. Also, think about that if this is every 2 or so months
even, that's close to $1k, which can pay for a fair bit.

--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia