Re: [Linux-aus] MtM - companies using foss?

On 2/26/07, James Purser <purserj@k-sit.com> wrote:
Oblig. IANAL

No its not. They are providing the source code on request, which meets
the minimum standards I believe. There is also provision within the GPL
for "reasonable costs" to be charged with regards to distribution of the
source code.

$10 sounds reasonable to me - they have to retreive the stuff, burn a disc, then mail it off and pay someone to send it.

So long as the code is machine readable and compiles to make the same binaries that exist on the hardware, they're in the clear.

AFAIK the requirement is for it to be on a medium commonly used for software interchange, so a CD is fine.

--
James Purser
http://k-sit.com

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)