[Linux-aus] Grant Application: BarCampMelbourne

Ben Balbo ben at benbalbo.com
Wed Feb 14 17:32:01 UTC 2007

Date: 3rd and 4th March 2007

Project Name: BarCampMelbourne

Aim of Project:

A free mini-conference come brainstorming weekend that's open to all.
The event is free, but requires all attendees to be participants. The
aim is for people to share and learn in an open environment, for it to
be an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from
participants.

Person Resposible for Request: Ben Balbo

Request: We are seeking funds to cover catering costs. We might also be
facing venue costs if our Melbourne CBD sponsor isn't confirmed soon. We
are looking for a number of organisations to sponsor us to the value of
$500 each, although a higher amount will not be knocked back :-)