[Linux-aus] AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to Linux Australia?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch dassa at dhs.org
Sat Dec 22 12:40:13 UTC 2007

linux-aus-bounces at lists.linux.org.au wrote:
|| Darryl (Dassa) Lynch wrote:
||| I would have thought AUUG would be more closely aligned with an
||| organisation like SAGE-Au http://www.sage-au.org.au, The System
||| Administrators Guild of Australia.
|| It's not.  SAGE is focussed on administration.  AUUG's focus is much
|| wider.

Without wanting to move the focus of the discussion, SAGE is about system
administration and the tools that make it possible, this covers open and
closed source systems, other organisations, even Linux Australia have a much
more narrow focus.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch

PS..I'm a member of SAGE, OSIA and here as well as a number of other
organisations.  I try to keep an open mind and do what I can where ever I
can.