[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Committee Elections - Nominations Are Now Open

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Dec 14 07:15:43 UTC 2007

<quote who="James Purser">

> Nominations for the Linux Australia Committee are now open.
>
> If you would like to nominate someone please go to
> http://linux.org.au/membership/. If you are a member then please login and
> browse to the elections page, select 2008 and follow the instructions to
> nominate your preferred candidate.

One of the challenges of an end-to-end web-based nomination and voting tool
is that it tends to result in very little discussion about candidates. It
would be really cool for LA members if:

 1) Nomination statements were sent to the mailing list when entered on the
    site.

 2) The returning officer or membership committee, whichever exists, could
    collate questions from members and put them to the candidates (so that
    candidates are not forced to follow numerous Q&A threads on the list).

Happy to volunteer some time to help these happen (mostly relevant to the
second point, as I suppose the first would be a quick hack to memberdb).

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "I think of [commercial Open Source development] as being the biggest
     private investment in public works in decades." - Andrew Tridgell