[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Tue Apr 24 01:11:20 UTC 2007

On 24/04/07, linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com
<linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> > They may well be able to turn the tux500 concept into a public relations
> > negative for Linux.  I'm not sure it is wise to play PR people at their
> > own game.
>
> If we do nothing and the Tux500 project fails, they most certainly will be
> able to do a PR that's negative to Linux.

That is simply ridiculous.

Ok, I'm starting a project to introduce Linux CDs to every school in
South Australia.  I'm going to need USD350,000 to do it.  If you don't
come up with the money somehow, I'm sure there will be negative
publicity.  Rinse, lather, repeat.
--
Michael Davies           "Do what you think is interesting, do somthing that
michael at the-davies.net    you think is fun and worthwhile, because otherwise