Re: [Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Peter Miller wrote:

I was rolling stuff around in my mind, and while we are speaking
Russian, what about "samizdat"?  It is an interesting parallel with Free
Software, with less political baggage (these days).  The literal meaning
is "self published" (which is what many of us do) but the whole
counter-culture thing (free insert-noun-here activities) fits pretty
well.

Samizdat is also the title of a anti-Linux tract :-)