Re: [Linux-aus] Re: linux.conf.au name change

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 02:28:19PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Rusty Russell">
>
> > Every conference team has crazy ideas.  It's fun, but there are lots of
> > real things to do.
>
> This has *ABSOLUTELY NOTHING* to do with linux.conf.au 2007 or the Seven
> team. Any suggestion that this discussion is distracting us from putting on
> a fucking amazing linux.conf.au is, at least from my point of view, highly
> offensive (the rest of the team probably won't care, because it's obviously
> so irrelevant).
>
> I think our team has demonstrated a deep and thorough understanding of the
> conference, whether you agree or disagree with my proposals regarding its
> future.
>
>   http://perkypants.org/blog/2006/03/09/linuxconfau-2007/
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff (absolutely gobsmacked)

>From my reading Rusty was not imnplying anything other than that lca2007
would be bloody incredible and lots of fun.

His comment was basically pointing out why he thought it a bad idea to
change the name and also reasoning why he thought the idea may have come up.

lca org crew do indeed have many a crazy idea (Hi Mikal <g>) and simply
because you are working closely on creating a bloody amazing event you tend
to spend a lot of time thinking about the event and all the stuff you are
doing in relation to the event. Thus of course you are going to have lots of
ideas. Some such ideas may be fantastic, some not so much. This is one of
the beauties of the roaming conference (and roaming org crew), that many
ideas (both good and bad) can be trialed and those that completely rock
often get incorporated into future conferences.

I suggest taking a deep breath and rereading what Rusty wrote, he was not
suggesting lca2007 is on some path to mediocrity. We all know it is going to
rock.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh@svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i sing sometimes for the war that i fight