Re: [Linux-aus] Avoiding the easy way out

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Christopher Yeoh">

Where there are cases of individuals, communities, and companies wanting
something different, perhaps this is an indicator that there is room for
more organisations and conferences to fill any gaps that may exist.

This seems to me to be the easy way out of making a difficult decision.

In the Linux Australia case, more organisations is clearly dangerous. The
Government want a peak body to talk to, and that has been the case since
around 2000.

I've heard that argument a couple of times on this thread now. I fail to see why the government finding reality inconvenient is our problem. If the government can't handle the complexities of talking to two spokes people, how can they run a country?

Mikal