Re: [Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Christopher Yeoh wrote:

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:27:07 +1000
From: Christopher Yeoh <cyeoh@samba.org>
To: Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org>
Cc: linux-aus@lists.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

<snip>

Lets not get into the trap of attempting to be everything to
everyone. I believe the Australian community has the capacity to
support multiple organisations which concentrate on these different
areas. It may be appropriate to have an umbrella type grouping to
promote communication and cooperation for common causes between them.

Hence my suggestion that an organisation exist, to cater for UNIX people in Australia, and, an organisation exist, to cater for Open Source Software people in Australia, and, that an organisation exist, that caters for Linux people in Australia, and that that organisation be affiliated to the former two organisations.

Perhaps, the third organisation mentioned above, could even be something like FALUG - the Federation of Australian Linux User Groups.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."