[Linux-aus] Linux Australia member services

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Fri Sep 29 13:39:02 UTC 2006

Donna Benjamin wrote:
> A friend was encouraged to join ACS, but then discovered they had to
> fill in long forms because they didn't have a recognised qualification.

This was my experience as well during my immigration process: In order
to qualify for an Skilled Migration Visa, I needed to prove I had an
occupation on the MODL. In order to do that I needed to be certified by
the ACS. In order to be certified, it appeared as though I had to join
the ACS. All up, I worked out it would cost me several hundred dollars
and an excessive amount of time.

So I decided not to migrate that way, and migrated using the (strangely
much simpler) Interdependant Partner Visa option.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
  2/340 Gore Street      T: 1 3000 SQUIZ (77849)
  Fitzroy, VIC           T: +61 (0) 3 9235 5400
  3065                   F: +61 (0) 3 9235 5444
                         W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>