[Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Fri Sep 29 11:43:02 UTC 2006

Janet Hawtin wrote:
> Brenda Aynsley wrote:
>
>> I dont know who janet was with from acs at the meeting yesteday in
>> adelaide, I certainly wasnt there and I am the chairman in SA.
>
> Oh for crying out loud perhaps ask your members?
> I guess then that an accredited ACS membership is no guarantee of
> sound advice or information even on ACS projects?
> Perhaps you need *more* control?
> But then the point is what is wrong with your accredited members
> at a public meeting, which was specifically called to gain input and
> perspectives from the NGO sector about their ideas on these issues?
> Certainly I gave mine as an individual and participant in the sector.
> Perhaps the meeting was supposed to be a broadcast only event.
> FWIW the presenter was the person who suggested that the brokering of
> NGO IT was only the beginning and that the model was expected to expand
> to other sectors.

"The Adelaide public meeting will be held at 3pm on Thursday 28
September, at the Disability Information and Resource Centre (DIRC), 195
Gilles St, Adelaide. "

the meeting that janet attended was this one I assume.

I am in melbourne and couldnt attend, anyone who did attend from acs was
not speaking for acs at that meeting.

as janet says she gave her personal opinions and I guess whoever it was
at the meeting also gave theirs.

It was a meeting for the not for profit sector and to gather views from
the not for profit sector, i dont believe that the ACS had an official
place at that meeting, certainly no one on the organising committee
asked for ACS to send a representative in any organisational way, I was
invited to attend because I am known to be supportive of ICT in the ngo
sector and on the regular mailing list for the convening authority.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/

The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. Visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm to see how.

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107
Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/