[Linux-aus] Linux Australia member services digital.linux.org.au version=3.0.3-la1

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Thu Sep 28 13:38:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 20:31 +0930, Tim Ansell wrote:
> Currently as a student, any fees to be part of a LA would be a major
> disincentive.

Peter did clearly say that that was a specific service that he would be
willing to fork out for. He didn't say "LA should raise membership fees
from $0 and then give me stuff to justify it".

Having spent three years on the board of Linux Australia I would note
that we greatly prospered in terms of legitimacy and buy-in from the
decision (taken just before Pia, Stewart, Leon, Tridge, Hugh and I
joined) to drop membership fee to $0. So I can't imagine that changing
that is going to find much support.

James, you're missing a bet. Paying for a valued service is one thing.
Value for membership is another - which is one of the reasons most
people can't fathom why they should pay ACS $300 a year.

AfC
Sydney

--
Save Pluto!