[Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Janet Hawtin lucychili at internode.on.net
Sun Sep 17 07:57:03 UTC 2006

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> I haven't suggested a merger with AUUG.

ok i guess i was confused by the topic.
that does make things simpler.

>>im not suggesting this but just trying to shift the perspective so that we
>>can see it from unpenguin perspectives.
>
> Apparently I have the most unpenguin perspective here. Even your points
> above are heavily loaded. :-)

probably. =)
i am a newbie
i have user flavour experience in one distro of linux.
many newbies start with small specific corners of things.
thats why i think having something specific makes a
good 'home' for new folk to identify with.

i also think the broad cultural stuff is going to be increasingly valuable.
and that we do need to do more of it.

janet