[Linux-aus] Grant request: GPL3 summit

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Fri Oct 6 10:30:01 UTC 2006

On 06/10/2006, at 8:19 AM, James Purser wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 08:13 +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 22:27 +1000, Andrae Muys wrote:
>>> I'm just curious (and a little disappointed) to know why it's
>>> scheduled for the 30th of November in Sydney when the OSDC is
>>> running
>>> the following week in Melbourne?
>> Because some people think Sydney is the centre of the universe?
>> ;)
> You mean apart from those who think Melbourne is? :P

Well, given I'm in Brisbane I'm going to stay well away from that
particular stoush.  However given the number of conferences clustered
around that date, and particularly that what is probably the most
apropos conference in the southern hemisphere will be held almost
exactly one week later, I'm surprised that the organisers wouldn't
take advantage of this.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys