[Linux-aus] Grant request: GPL3 summit

Julien Goodwin linux-aus at studio442.com.au
Thu Oct 5 17:02:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 03:18:06PM +1000, Pia Waugh arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Hi all,
>
> </me takes all official hats off>
>
> So the GPL3 summit I posted before was looking for support and they have
> told me if Linux Australia can contribute $2000 then they'll ensure entry is
> completely free for all attendees. I decided the most appropriate way to do
> this was as a grant request as it isn't normal business, but I think there
> is a significant community benefit as it'll give our developer community a
> chance to have some great discussion about GPL3 and get their thoughts
> together for any last submissions to the Software Freedom Legal Centre prior
> to the GPL3 finalisation.
>
> So my grant proposal is:
>
> Date: 5th October (event to run 30th November)

Event details at:
http://www.cyberlawcentre.org/2006/gpl/

Date: Thursday 30 November
Time: 1pm for 1.30pm - 5pm
Venue: University of New South Wales Faculty of Law Building, G23

I'd be in favour of this, and I might even try to fly up for it.

Thanks,
Julien