[Linux-aus] Open Source Desktop publishing software

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Sun Jun 4 13:16:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 14:56 +1000, Sokar Phillpot wrote:
> Dear People of the Penguin
>
> Any suggestion or URLs for
>
> 1) Desktop publishing type software  - for producing flyers etc
>
> 2) Educational software - literacy and numeracy ?
>
> in the in lInux world ?
>

> Sokar

Hi Sokar,

For desktop publishing there are a couple pf packages:

http://www.scribus.net : Scribus - A Desktop Publishing Tool

or

http://www.inkscape.org : Inkscape - A very nice Vector Graphics tool,
in a similar vein to Adobe's Illustrator.

For educational software I would recommend checking out a project called
Edubuntu( http://www.edubuntu.org/ ) Based off Ubuntu it's a linux
distro aimed specifically at the educational sector.

--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update
SIP: 736855 at fwd.pulver.com