Re: [Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

It's also interesting to note that the "fresh blood" that are now running LOA have completely forgotten about all the efforts of those that came before them. To all intents and purposes you would think they founded the association. Whilst I am quite happy with where the org is going and the people that are running it, it is a bit sad to think that those that founded and ran the org (and built up its nice little kitty for the new lot to use) are completely forgotten.

Gary

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Robert Thomson">

I'd like to second this nomination.

You need to do so on the member website.

Terry Dawson was one of the founders of Linux Australia many years
ago, but due to work commitments, could not play as active a role as
he would have liked.

It's good to see you back Terry. :)

Indeed - however it's worth pointing out that fresh blood has made Linux Australia the success it is today, and anyone can get involved with LA without needing to be on the committee. I think it's more important for Linux Australia to have people who are *currently* active in the community playing a leadership / stewardship role than it would be to have a club of veterans (though that is certainly a useful model for other organisations).

Everyone - remember to vote! :-)

- Jeff