[Linux-aus] Voting has started

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Wed Jan 18 10:25:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 09:31:09AM +0800, skribe wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 04:27, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> > As you all should know, the voting for the 2006 election is open!
>
> I'm confused.  There are three valid noms for prez but only one is listed on
> the ballot.  If the others withdrew can that at least be indicated on the
> noms page, please.

If you look at the view election page

http://www.linux.org.au/membership/?page=view-election&id=7

You will see 3 nominations for president, as you noticed, however people
nominted for a position have to accept the nomination, if you look at the
bottom of the view election page the list of canidates is the list of people
who have accepted a nomination for a given position.

Jon was a little late in accepting his nomination, but at least he did
accept it <g>, I imagine neither Tony or Pia accepted their presidential
nominations.

Jon really is a pretty good LA pres IMO so I think it is not a bad thing per
se that he is un contested. Also I like the idea of at least 2 years in
office with htis (assuming the person in that position is willing to do
that)

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
legs and arms akimbo like the high pitched body of a jumper