[Linux-aus] Voting has started

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Wed Jan 18 09:45:02 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> wrote:
> I'm confused.  There are three valid noms for prez but only one is listed on
> the ballot.  If the others withdrew can that at least be indicated on the
> noms page, please.

The first part of the page lists the nominations. People who are
nominated immediately appear in that list, but they don't become
actual candidates until they receive at least 2 nominations and then
accept the nomination. Nominations and acceptance of nominations are
now closed because voting is open.

The second part of the page lists the candidates for each position,
along with their spiel. The people listed as candidates are the only
ones who actually appear on the ballot.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan