[Linux-aus] Authorised Members (was: Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members)

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri Jan 6 11:22:02 UTC 2006

Not meaning to point out the obvious, but we do....

Nearly every LCA has a Key signing, and nearly every LUG has a Keysigning.
Surely we can use that to class members as Verified or Un-Verified. If a
member wants to become Verified, they simply need to attend a LCA or LUG and
have their key verified by two other LA members. Initially that will be very
time consuming, but as time moves on, it will become a lot easier.

Unless that's what you mean by "the Web of trust". Personally I don't see it
as overly onerous to have to attend a LUG meeting to be verified, but then I
kinda have to attend all the Canberra LUG meetings, what with being the
meeting organiser guy and all.

Just my 2cents

Steve