[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Jan 5 23:09:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:26, Pia Waugh wrote:

> > If only email addresses are used, the nominee (as above), and the
> > nominator, can both be completely obscured, making the message only as
> > informative as saying "For your information, someone has been nominated.
> > We are not going to tell you who has been nominated, only that someone
> > has been nominated.".
>
> That is fair enough, we will take that on board and fix it for next
> version, but fixing it in a running election would be a bit wrong.

Wouldn't changing to a more informative nomination structure require a change
in how memberships are generated?  As I understand it there is no
verification between names/email addresses and living people.  How easy would
it be to stack the election with bogus names and addresses all voting for the
one candidate/ticket?

skribe
--
There is no realizable power that man cannot, in time, fashion the tools
to attain, nor any power so secure that the naked ape will not abuse it.

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/