[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jan 5 11:49:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, www-data wrote:

> Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:04:30 +0800
> From: www-data <www-data at linux.org.au>
> To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
> Subject: [Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members
>
> A nomination for Ordinary Committee Members has been received.
>
> This member: michael at msdavies.net
> Nominated this member: g at netcraft.com.au
> For this Position: Ordinary Committee Members
> In this election: Linux Australia Committee 2006
>
> In some future non-hacked version of this notification mail,
> you'll actually get the reason they got nominated, if they've
> accepted, if they have enough nominations and other neat things.

Is there really any point in the above messages?

If only email addresses are used, the nominee (as above), and the
nominator, can both be completely obscured, making the message only as
informative as saying "For your information, someone has been nominated.
We are not going to tell you who has been nominated, only that someone
has been nominated.".

--
Bret Busby
Armadale