[Linux-aus] Re: LCA: bringing the process forward

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Wed Feb 22 07:06:02 UTC 2006

> Competitiveness is a natural consequence of passionate people wanting a
> finite resource. There should be a lot more LCAs to come so that
> everyone can have a turn if they want it.

The operative word here being "want". Having a competitive selection
process ensures that we can get the best of the best. You're right when
you say this conference is not about a product or person, it's about our
community, and it is the committee's responsibility to bring the community
the best conference possible.

--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update