[Linux-aus] Linux on mobile phones

Steven steven.robertson at pacific.net.au
Mon Feb 6 19:13:02 UTC 2006

Howdy,

I'm in the process of choosing a new mobile phone, and I'm hoping to get
one running Linux. But semi-extensive googling has only told me that a
lot are available in the US, and some more will be available in Asia and
Australia by the end of 2007. Apparently some are already available in
Australia, but I haven't been able to find any particular models. So:

question #1: does anyone know of particular phones running Linux and
available in Australia, and preferably available in typical
Optus/Vodafone/Whichever stores?
question #1.5: what are they?)

question #2: what are some up-to-date resources, online or not, that
could answer question #1.5?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Steven