[Linux-aus] AUUG2005 - First conference preview - Peter Gutmann

Gordon Hubbard gordon at customtech.com.au
Fri Sep 30 09:19:02 UTC 2005

FYI .... and please note that early-bird registration closes today
(Friday September 30)!

Cheers
Gordon.

========

This is the first in a series of previews of AUUG 2005 - The
Conference for Unix, Linux and Open Source Professionals.

This week we are highlighting guest speaker Peter Gutmann.  Peter is a
researcher in the Department of Computer Science at the University
of Auckland, where his research interests cover the design and
analysis of security techniques and systems.

A self-confessed professional paranoid, he helped write the popular
PGP encryption package, has authored a number of papers and RFC's
on security and encryption including the X.509 Style Guide for
certificates, and is the author of the open source Cryptlib security
toolkit. In his spare time he pokes holes in whatever security
systems and mechanisms catch his attention and grumbles about PKIs.

Peter will be presenting two papers at AUUG 2005 - one on the
Cryptlib security toolkit and another on Sustainable Open Source
Software Development.

For more details on AUUG 2005 visit http://www.auug.org.au

Please note that early-bird registration closes this coming Friday
(September 30)

I look forward to seeing you at AUUG 2005!

--
Steve Landers, Vice President
AUUG - The Organisation for Unix, Linux and Open Source Professionals
mailto:steve.landers at auug.org.au