[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Help with a political approach to Open Source please :)

anthony hornby anthony.hornby at cdu.edu.au
Fri Oct 7 07:44:02 UTC 2005

Hi All,
to support initiatives like Pia's, I think we need to put together an
"Australian managers guide to open source" or the like - some sort of
directory, repository or online bibliography of the pick of the white
papers, case studies,government decisions re open source that are
driving change worldwide.

We need a repository of authoritative information that demonstrates all
of the points we are making so when we get their interest we can say
"and read more about it here" without asking busy people to wander all
around the web, online databases etc.

I am happy to look at helping find such a repository a place to live (eg
on the DarLUG server if need be) and provide LA members access to
contribute articles, links etc.

If something like this already exists then we need to promote it
more :-)

What do people think?

Regards Anthony.

--
Mr Anthony Hornby RHCE BIT ALIATEC
Library Systems & Technology Coordinator

Note: This email was sent from a computer running the Linux
operating system.  The Linux operating system isn't harmed by
any of the 100,000 or so Windows viruses you see on the news,
and nor does it accidentally pass them on.