[Linux-aus] Re: Proposal: LA cooperation with Community Code

Anthony Towns secretary at linux.org.au
Wed Mar 23 16:39:01 UTC 2005

Matthew Palmer wrote:
>>>That is the gist of it.
>>So can we get a concrete proposal to vote on? No ifs or buts, just a
> I thought what I posted to the linux-aus list before was sufficient.

Uh, no; but it should only need to be updated to match the subsequent
comments and clarifications. Unless there's already been an updated
proposal since then that I've overlooked?

> Can
> you identify which parts of that document needs to be tightened up before LA
> can decide on the matter?

At a minimum, it needs a clear and concise description of what Community
Code's about, and it needs to avoid the "LA may choose to do this, or it
may choose to do that" alternatives -- see the followup mails from Pia,
Andrew and myself for which ones.

> The only thing we haven't given any specification of is who should be the
> LA<->CC liaison.

At least initially, that should be the sub-ctte chair, which is to say
whoever's the driving force behind the project. That seems like you or
Mary, or perhaps the both of you as co-chairs -- at least that's what
I'm guessing from participation in this thread and the wiki's
RecentChanges. At any rate, it's the sub-ctte chair that we need to
know; if sitting in on each others' meetings ends up being a regular
thing or a burden that needs delegation to a "liason officer" of some
sort, that can be fixed up any time.

> As far as who is going to be on the sub-committee, I want as many people on
> the mailing list to be there --

That's fine, and there's no problem if that changes as things go, it'd
just be good to have actual names of people who're committed to this and
working on it up front.

>>Hrm, I imagine there'll be a BOF/lightning-talk on this at LCA too...
>>*hinthint* :)
> Hadn't really considered it.  I'm not sure what we'd have to talk about.

Just what you're doing / trying to do. It's pretty interesting, and
probably a meme worth spreading to other places.

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <secretary at linux.org.au>