[Linux-aus] HOWTO organise a linux.conf.au

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Mar 18 11:01:01 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 09:26, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> Would Wikipedia sit still for us adding pages there? It seems to me
>> that putting it on Wikipedia is very much within the spirit of the
>> thing, plus zero setup and maintenance for us. The caveat would be
>> having to name pages to fit in with Wikipedia's naming conventions.

> [I'm only a very occasional contributor but...] Wikipedia isn't
> designed to be the repository of all human knowledge, it's designed
> to be a repository of all encyclopedic knowledge.

Fair enough.

Is there a suitable FOSS-HOWTO-ish wiki already up anywhere, then?

And if not, presuming we go ahead with one, why not leave space in the
LCA wiki for other documentation projects, rather than setting it up to
be just for LCA? It would be interesting to also host (forex) a
more-or-less separate OLS-HOWTO there, so people could compare and
contrast.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia