Re: [Linux-aus] Duplicate posts?

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005, Tim Ansell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I seem to be having some strange behaviour with the list, sometimes I
> get an email twice. This doesn't seem to be a case where somebody has
> just hit rely to all and sent an email to both me and the list.
>
> The emails are not addressed directly to me and they all include the
> list headers. There seems to be no consistent thread between the emails
> with which this duplication happens.
>
> Anyone have any idea what could be up?

At least occasionally people send copies to both linux-aus@linux.org.au
and linux-aus@lists.linux.org.au which both go to the same list. I've
done this myself: something odd seems to happen when I hit list reply in
mutt when replying to a message that went to the first of those two
addresses: it replies both to that and to the second address. I'm used
to trusting list reply and don't normally check that it's done the right
thing.

-Mary