[Linux-aus] Unofficial Election results

Pia Smith pia at linux.org.au
Tue Jan 18 05:07:02 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Well the election went very smoothly. We didn't have quite the
participation we were hoping but for our first online election, with a
brand new system it went extremely well. Please post any feedback on
improvements we could make to the system for next year, and bugs can be
registered on  Thankyou to everyone who participated and I certainly
hope that all of the nominees are going to be active in the community
and will utilise the Linux Australia resource.

The results are all posted on the website along with the vote breakdown
(http://www.linux.org.au/membership/?page=election-result&id=5) and you
have to log in. Below is the unofficial summary, to be confirmed and
announced officially at the AGM on the 7th February online. Details for
the AGM are at (http://www.linux.org.au/about/notices/2005AGM.html):

President: 	Jon Oxer
Vice President: Pia Smith
Secretary:	Anthony Towns
Treasurer:	Mark Tearle
Ordinary Members:
		Andrew Cowie
		Geoffrey Bennett
		Stewart Smith

Congratulations! The new ctte looks great, and I certainly look forward
to continue making LA useful and relevant with the new ctte.

Cheers all,
Pia

--
Pia Smith <pia at linux.org.au>